Resort Runner - Verbier
SPEND THE WINTER WORKING AND SKIING IN THE ALPS!
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to act as our Resort Runner in Verbier, Switzerland.
The Resort Runner is a far reaching and varied role providing amongst other things, logistical support for the resort operations team, ensuring the smooth and efficient handling of company stock and its movements around resort. Other responsibilities such as opening and closing chalets, coordinating snow clearance, maintaining fire wood stock levels, assisting with guest check ins and check outs, as well as covering absent staff means no two days will ever be the same.
You will need to combine an enthusiastic and professional approach for both our brands; Bramble Ski and Haute Montagne, and most importantly you will show genuine passion for, and knowledge of, the luxury travel industry.
- You must possess an EU/Swiss passport or a valid work/residency permit for the country you are applying to work in
- Available to work full time from the start of December 2021 to the end of April 2022
- You will need to be a hardworking, multi-tasker with exceptional attention to detail. Working as part of small team, you will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be a great team player
- The role requires fine attention to detail and a proven ability to learn quickly, with a flexible approach to working hours;
- You must be fluent in English and a good understanding of both written and spoken French would be seen very favourably
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient and confident in using the latest digital technologies, excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic
- Assist with the chalet opening and closure at the start and end of the winter seasons as set out by the central team and in accordance with the leasing contract for the chalet
- Provide logistical support to the resort team
- Cover any short-term chalet host/housekeeping/driver needs to ensure the Bramble service is not affected by any emergency
- Maintain fire wood stock levels for all chalets
- Co-ordinate snow clearing for all chalets
- Maintain office and store in Verbier
- Maintain and control stock in the Verbier central store
- Undertake inventories and damage checks in all properties recording and reporting any discrepancies
- Perform weekly standards checks and reports on properties and staff as per procedure set out by the Group Operations Manager
- Coordinate and manage any moving of supplies, including clean and dirty linen from the launderette, between chalets, ensuring the smooth transition of the property from or to becoming a Bramble chalet
- Ensure all in chalet pre-arrivals requirements for guests or owners are met
- Check in and check out Self-Catered, B&B and Accommodation Only guests when required
- Competitive industry wage
- Paid holiday during the season
- Complimentary ski or board equipment hire
- Work and accident insurance including heli rescue
- 2 days off a week
- Quality uniform including Peak Performance® clothing
- Phone allowance
- Travel allowance