UPDATE: MARCH 17, 2020 (13:51)
The resort of Lech has now been put into quarantine effective midday today. Please see the announcement here.
UPDATE: MARCH 17, 2020 (09:17)
The Swiss Federal Council has overridden the Valais Cantonal decision to close all hotels and accommodations, meaning that accommodations can in fact choose to stay open. See announcement here. Another twist in an uncertain and difficult time for all.
At this time we strongly recommend that guests do not travel, as travel is one of the sure-fire ways to aid the spread of impending pandemic, which is what global fear and response is trying to mitigate.
If, you have a booking with us in Verbier or Zermatt and still intend to travel please reach out to our sales team to discuss the matter in further detail.
Tel: +41 27 776 2164
UPDATE: MARCH 16, 2020 (18:49)
In Val D`Isere the local authorities have now instructed the closure of all bars, restaurants and non-essential shops as well as sports centres and other facilities. They have also instructed all accommodation to be closed and non-residents and seasonal employees to leave.
In Meribel no official instructions to close accommodations have been received but we believe this is imminent.
In Switzerland the Swiss Federal Council and the canton of Valais where our Verbier and Zermatt operations are based have further to their announcement last Friday to close the resorts now instructed that all accommodation in the village is to be closed and non-residents are to leave. This comes into effect tomorrow.
In St Anton and Lech all hotels and guest accommodation as well as bars, restaurants and other public places are now closed, and the village of St Anton has been put under quarantine.
Up until this point we have kept our teams in resort in line with the guidelines set out by the local authorities. In line with the new instructions just issued from the authorities are now working to arrange for all our guests and staff to be sent home.
UPDATE: MARCH 15, 2020 (15:50)
Public notice to our guests, partners and staff,
We hope that everyone is keeping themselves and their loved ones well.
The developments around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and mitigation controls will have personal implications for everyone, and we hope that brings positives, and not too many negatives to your lives.
To our guests, we know what an impact this has had on your valuable time together with those closest to you. We wish this wasn’t happening to you all.
To our suppliers, property owners and the communities we operate in, thank you for the warmth and help through this disruption to normality, and for the calm way in which you have put others first.
To our teams, wow, we are so proud. You have proven to be steady, professional, compassionate and selfless.
We continue to follow local government guidelines, which vary from resort to resort and country to country.
Right now, St. Anton is completely closed, with most leaving before the quarantine. Lech will close tomorrow (16/03). In all other locations (Verbier, Zermatt, Méribel and Val d’Isere) guest accommodation remains open. All lift stations are closed as well as many bars and nightclubs, and some restaurants. Of course we understand why most guests have chosen to leave, or cancel.
Our staff may leave as soon as they wish, but there is no evacuation. We believe that people should not panic, but respect the official line locally in a joint effort to slow the spread of the virus.
As and when the government advice changes, we will follow it and update here. Our priority is to slow the spread and keep the vulnerable safe.
If you need to know more please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bramble Ski Team
UPDATE: March 15, 2020 (11:36 CET)
The French Government has now advised its public that they are moving to stage 3 of the Epidemic Act, and has with immediate effect ordered the closure of all non-essential public services/facilities. This includes all ski stations in the country including Méribel and Val d’Isere.
At this stage it appears that the government has not ordered the closure of all accommodation establishments. We will continue to follow the situation and advise of any changes to this.
We are incredibly sad at the unfortunate and unprecedented premature end to the 2019/20 ski season, but we are confident that all actions taken are in the best interest of the public at large as the world continues to make every effort to curb the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our sales team continue to liaise directly with all affected guests.
UPDATE: March 13, 2020 (20:07 CET)
After a Swiss Federal announcement this afternoon, we have learnt that Switzerland has also enacted the Epidemic Act, imposing strict controls on society gathering in large numbers. As a result Verbier and Zermatt (along with all ski stations in the country) lift companies have ceased operation with immediate effect.
Federal updates on the current government measures can be viewed here.
Please view Zermatt update here.
Unlike Austria, at this stage Switzerland is not ordering all accommodation establishments to be shut down, and as such we are still able to receive guests.
As has been the case over the past 14 days, the situation is continuing to develop and we will continue to keep all guests informed.
We are currently making contact with all guests arriving into Verbier and Zermatt over the course of the next few hours. As always our team is available for further questions.
UPDATE: March 13, 2020 (09:26 CET)
We now have confirmation that the Vorarlberg region, which includes Lech ski resort is following suite, and will also close for the rest of the season, from Sunday 15th March. Please see notification of such on the Lech Tourism website.
We have emailed all guests and remain available for any further questions.
UPDATE: March 12, 2020 (23:49 CET)
We have been informed this evening that the Tyrolean Government will be closing all lifts in St. Anton for the rest of the season, from Sunday 15th March.
After a meeting with representatives from Tyrolean Tourism it was decided that the lift system would be closed based on the Epidemic Act. All accommodations establishments are instructed to close as of Monday 16th March. See St Anton tourism’s update here.
In line with our update below, we continue to follow local Government guidelines the situation closely, and will update as we have more news.
All existing, and future guests for this winter in St. Anton have been emailed to update them personally of the situation, but our team remain available to guests with further questions.
March 12, 2020 (midday CET)
We are extremely sympathetic to any of our guests impacted by the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are following the situation closely and adhere to the advice of relevant government authorities in each of the jurisdictions that we operate to ensure the health and safety of our guests, owners, staff and suppliers.
Our normal cancellation policy and terms and conditions do still apply to all our bookings – please see our terms and conditions for full details See Standard Cancellation Policy
This is a very fluid situation and we advise our clients to monitor up-to-date developments and consult their own official countries’ travel advice and restrictions in relationship to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and related travel guidance/restrictions.
We would also advise you to speak with your travel insurance provider who, depending on your individual circumstances, may be able to assist if you are unable to travel and you are required to cancel your booking with us. If you need any documentation from us to make the claim, please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be very happy to assist.
Our team remain at your disposal and please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.
The Bramble Ski Team
Tel: +41 27 776 2164