225g of unsalted butter, softened
225g of caster sugar
4 free-range eggs, large and beaten
225g of self-raising flour
75g chopped walnuts
1tbsp of instant coffee granules, mixed with 1 tbsp of boiling water
175g of butter, softened
300g of icing sugar
50g of chopped walnuts
12 walnut halves
3tbsp of instant coffee granules, mixed with 1 tbsp of boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease and line your cake tin with baking paper
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
3. Add one egg at a time alternating with a tbsp of flour beating well between each addition
4. Add the remaining flour, coffee and walnuts and mix until comined
5. Pour the mixture into your baking tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
6. Whilst the cake is left to cool, make the coffee buttercream. Beat the butter together with the icing sugar until pale and fluffy, then add the coffee and chopped walnuts. Mix well again and allow to firm up in the fridge for 15–20 minutes
7. When the cake is cool, pipe the buttercream over the cake. Et Voilà!
Download and print our scrumptious Christmas cake recipe for a delightful and festive treat!
We set up our sister company Haute Montagne to cater to the exacting demands of our clients looking for the ultimate chalet holiday experience, expecting the finest luxury properties accompanied by the very best of service levels.
It is not by accident that the Haute Montagne experience has come to be known as superyachts in the snow.
Haute Montagne chalets are among the finest properties available to rent in the ski industry. They are the best properties in resort and are all stand-alone mega-chalets with beautiful furnishings and decadent spa facilities.
You will be looked after by a team of highly trained professionals, each selected for excellence in their field, attention to detail, and discretion.